Thursday, February 5, 2009

Restraint


I am incredible. Really. These two packages are the only purchases I made last weekend at Edible. The West Coast seeds displays have arrived, and all I bought was Old Spice Blend sweet peas and Blue Lake pole beans. Life is good...

Okay, here's the truth...most of the seeds aren't in stock yet, so I had very little to chose from. Believe me, when that display is complete I'll be in there like a junkie in the crack store. When is payday anyway?

My hope this summer is to grow the "three sisters": corn, beans, and squash in the front yard. The Blue Lake pole beans will be sister #1. My neighbors think I'm slightly nuts already, time to add to my mystique. I have a vision of where I will plant my sisters, smack dab in the middle of the front lawn, and as an added benefit, the corn will shade my front window, which gets unbearable hot in the summer afternoon sun.

I just have to figure out where the 30 foot hops plants are going to go in the front....

No comments: