
This scene makes me sad, it shows my lack of time and energy to do a fall clean up so far this year. It's also a reflection of my life, my body, my work. Raking the leaves in the fall is not just tidying the yard, it's a preparation, a cleaning out of the old season and all things dead. My not doing this is bothering me beyond belief because this is what it looks like inside me right now. I have so much to clean out, declutter and not neglect. I've been forgetting my emotional, intellectual and physical self lately, I'm a mess of dead leaves. Rain or shine this weekend, I must tidy these leaves and thus tidy my mind and my life so that I can prepare for winter and it's season.
As I rake, I renew myself and I am thankful for the changing of the seasons.
"Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure."- Thomas Wolfe

No comments:
Post a Comment