Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wintertime Gardener's Blahs

So, I just might have planted my sweet peas two nights ago. I might have planted them in the dark too. And in an old gutter. There also might have been about 120 seeds. What am I going to do with 120 sweet pea plants? I also might have spent far too much on seeds at Edible Island. Seeds that I can't really plant right now because it's too darn early. Seeds that I really want to plant right now. Seeds that are calling my name..."plant me, plant me...please." Until recently, the ground has been completely frozen for weeks so I haven't been in the garden at all. I've just been drooling and pawing over my seed catalogues and gardening books like a green thumbed feind. It's the wintertime gardener's blahs. The doldrums of the veggie patch. I've got the blues for my greens.

No comments: