Friday, February 22, 2008

Lady Wood

Okay, I got some serious lady wood when I got my **glossy** 2008 West Coast seed catalogue. Talk about crack for the green thumbs. After I wiped the drool off the cover, the Orca beans caught my attention, Orca beans, come on! How cool is that? They look like a little herd of Holsteins in a paper envelope. The thing is, they look fun to grow but what do you do with them once they're harvested? Will I even like them? What if you cooked them in soup and blended them, the soup would be gray. Hmmmm....not that appetizing, but I'll give them a shot.

The artichokes look amazing too. I wonder what people were thinking when they first tried an artichoke, "Hmmm, this spiky, round, purple and green thistle looks tasty. Yum, yumm. Maybe I'll try it."...? Thank you early-artichoke-eaters for trying it. I'm going to try growing it this year, yumm.


If I'm not careful, I'll need my grandparents 160 acres in Manitoba to grow all the seeds I want to buy. I managed to control my impulses so far and bought these lovely beauties:


The best part of this catalogue is not just the seeds, but all the advice, information, and all the books they suggest. I'm inspired to grow an even better veggie garden this year, outside the box..es...front yard veggie gardening here I come.

No comments: