Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fearing Summer



Pile of Poop...essentially a metaphor for my life right now


I'm embarrassed/sad/afraid of Monday...the first day of summer. I'm not ready. Not even close. Physically, the garden hasn't even been cleaned up from last year. Mentally, I'm so swamped with work that I feel like I can't even start to think about celebrating summer, one of my favorite seasons. And emotionally, I just want to cry...I'm so overwhelmed with all the "stuff" of life that I constantly feel like I'm drowning in dust bunnies, dishes, work I'm paid for and work I'm not paid for(which seems to be more hours than the paid work), volunteer stuff, unreturned emails, medical appointments, sick relatives, mowing the damn lawn that I don't even like....I could go on.

I'm sure everyone feels like this, it's just life, this is how life goes. But I don't like it, this is not what I want MY life to be like. I gotta slow down, find the balance, enjoy life again. Luckily, in 2 weeks I'll be released from this hamster wheel for another 2 months. Recharge the batteries, find an adventure or two, and GARDEN!

No comments: