A delicate little flower...ha! These two tulips have managed to grow in the middle of my gravel pathway. There's little to no sunlight, very little water, not to mention the absence of nutrients. The life of these two bulbs has been traumatic to say the least. I planted them in the flower bed BESIDE this path a year and a half ago. Last spring they bloomed beautifully and then a bulldozer ran over them, dug them up, and beat them back into the ground. I did not tip-toe through the tulips, I personally smashed through this part of the path with a shovel and stomped over it countless times since last summer. Yet, these two triumphant tulips have survived the abuse and the winter. I need to learn from these hardy suckers, it doesn't matter where you are in the world as long as your basic needs are somewhat met, you can survive and thrive. So perhaps I can transfer this to my work, where I have moved 6 times in 10 years. I must bloom where I am planted, I must thrive. I hope these two bloom, they'll make a lovely addition to a bouquet. Or maybe I'll just let them be, they've had a hard enough time of it already. Grow on sweet tulips, grow on!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Bloom where you're planted.
A delicate little flower...ha! These two tulips have managed to grow in the middle of my gravel pathway. There's little to no sunlight, very little water, not to mention the absence of nutrients. The life of these two bulbs has been traumatic to say the least. I planted them in the flower bed BESIDE this path a year and a half ago. Last spring they bloomed beautifully and then a bulldozer ran over them, dug them up, and beat them back into the ground. I did not tip-toe through the tulips, I personally smashed through this part of the path with a shovel and stomped over it countless times since last summer. Yet, these two triumphant tulips have survived the abuse and the winter. I need to learn from these hardy suckers, it doesn't matter where you are in the world as long as your basic needs are somewhat met, you can survive and thrive. So perhaps I can transfer this to my work, where I have moved 6 times in 10 years. I must bloom where I am planted, I must thrive. I hope these two bloom, they'll make a lovely addition to a bouquet. Or maybe I'll just let them be, they've had a hard enough time of it already. Grow on sweet tulips, grow on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment